Welcome to the Hedge Advisers careers page! Over time we will be building out this section of Hedge Advisers to include content, hints, tips and advice to help you get a job in the hedge fund industry.
We are trusted for the decisions that matter most,empowering customers to act with confidence in a complex world.Join Hedge Advisers for dynamic and diversified career opportunities in Beijing,Shanghai or other Countries’cities to better support your professional development with our business in:
Financial&Risk, IP&Science,Legal,Tax&Accounting,News&Media,as well as China Operations Center which focuses on new technology and financial content in supporting the company’s position as a global leader in financial data and software products.Find out more about China business at www.globalhedge.cn
Receive assignments from Senior Manager
Conduct research and compile IS reports
Ensure assignments are completed on deadline and to a satisfactory level
Liaise with analysts in Global financial market regarding report queries
Assist with developing new research methods and resources
Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
All tasks assigned by Senior Manager or immediate supervisor
Complete understanding of types of cases
Full knowledge and grasp of sources including their limitations
Reports written concisely and accurately, translations are accurate and major issues are picked up
Takes initiative to suggest ideas, implement them and encourage others
Write basic reports with no supervision. Complex reports are written and researched with minimal supervision
Meets deadlines without prompting from Managers
Understands the requirements/instructions of what is needed and carry these out but also knows when to seek advice
Deals with problems and finds solutions - Demonstrates strong analytical skills
Finds new sources of information and starts to assess other sources
Demonstrates good communications and interpersonal skills
Ability to provide input to innovation and creativity
Detail-Oriented; Result-Driven; Self-Motivated
Principle Software Engineer
Real Time Value Add systems is the platform for Analytic Products, developed by Beijing team, and used by Content Specialists / FM. It utilizes Real Time data and other sources, and produces Analytic data output distributed to customers. It is one key platform for the company profit.
The User Interface system, as part of Real Time Value Add platform, is one of the key contributors to Content Re-engineering within Content, Analytics and Services Organisation. The Re-engineering is to renovate the ways to use Hedge Advisers data assets for efficiency and profit.
Our mission is to enable Content Specialists to design Analytic logics directly, thus reducing Time To Market for new and enhanced content, improve accuracy, timeliness, completeness, consistency, efficiency of our Content Management, and improve quality and timeliness of our responses to customer Service Requests.
- Liaise with colleagues in other overseas sites, and internal teams, on project background, requirement analysis, design, testing, user interaction, implementation, and service support, ie., whole SW life cycle
- Technical leadership and responsibility:SW architectural design, solution options analysis and decision, etc.
Coding and implementation, UT, automation, CI, design refactoring, etc.
Performance tuning, Capacity design Service recovery, Troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Project leadership:
Work with other team members and coordinate on requirement analysis, estimation, scheduling and commitment, risk / issue analysis and mitigation
- Design and delivery web UI, Database features of EVAdmin and VDI, to support user and product needs, offering good user experience for Contents teams, with sufficient Performance, Usability, Stability
- Design and deliver new services to support frontend functions / facilities and corresponding communication with other components of Real Time Value Add systems.
- Design and deliver Rule Based Calculation and Configuration as part of strategic platform
- Quality assure, deliver, and deploy products according to committed release and timeline
- Timely response and quick recovery of data / service, when receiving incoming service requests. Troubleshooting to locate root cause and fix
- Provide User Documentation (Operations Manual, User Guide, etc.) and technical trainings when necessary.
- Work with internal teams to on production deployment, network build, configurations, etc. to assure service availability and stability
- Computer Science or similar university degree
- Prior experience in Web UI design and user experience improvement
- Strong JQuery or other JS knowledge
- Hand-on development skills of ASP.NET MVC and C#
- WCF knowledge is a plus
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Highly self-motivated, innovative, and open-minded
- Agile experience (specifically Scrum) knowledge is an advantage.
- Background knowledge on Elektron, Eikon and/or Real Time Value Add systems is preferred.
Senior Software Engineer
Service support and maintenance for Web Grabbing products: e.g. HK Warrants, CSI data , Japan TOPIX short selling data, China CDC data , etc .
Development work in iSuite Migration: to develop VAA and GENSES market rules on EVAI to support the migration , do testing and data validation, produce all requirement documentation for development and release , integrate with VA-CHE, FMS, Ticknet, iSuite to make sure solution work properly , take end to end ownership for iSuite value add data products on EVAI .
Development work in Contribution value add :to develop VAA and general market rules on EVAI to support the migration , do testing and data validation, produce all requirement documentation for development and release , integrate with CHE-CD to make sure solution work properly , take end to end ownership for CHE-CD value add data product on EVAI.
Join the China Strategy & Business Development team and become a critical contributor to the World’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. China Strategy & Business Development team works for members of the Executive Leadership Team of GHA China. As internal consultants to business leaders across all business units, our team is held to the highest intellectual, analytical, and professional standards. Our clients include internal business leaders across business units of Financial & Risk, Legal, IP & Science and Tax & Accounting, as well as other central functions in Finance, HR, Technology, and Customer Services. This position will support the delivery of strategy initiatives and strategic planning processes.
Example projects include:
• Growth Strategies: market opportunity analysis, identification of future trends, new market entry strategies;
• Business Development: competitive analysis, M&A evaluation;
• Strategic Planning: annual business planning, business case development, go-to-market strategies.
Strategy Manager will have high exposure to Hedge Advisers senior executives and are expected to bring a creative and analytical skill set to solving strategic issues for the company.You will learn the complexities of the information and our targeted professional services industries and lay the foundation for a successful career at Hedge Advisers. Former members of the team have moved into key businesses, operational and management roles in China or overseas.
The Strategy Manager is an integral part of the internal strategy consulting team and is responsible for leading much of the day-to-day work of projects. As an internal consultant to the business, this role partners with key business leaders to develop actionable solutions to their most pressing business issues.
• Carry out research and analyis independently in support of business units, including company strategies, acquisition pipeline development, strategic planning process, key operational issues (such as pricing, sales force optimization, etc.);
• Consistently provide insights on business implications of the research and analysis;
• Work independently, sometimes receiving general instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments with a focus on tasks and self-contained work streams
• Contribute to and lead creation of deliverables, including reports, newsletters, spreadsheets, presentations and other outputs to document and communicate findings;
• Independently interact and collaborate with all stakeholders.
Skills & Competencies:
• Highly motivated and proactive, strong initiative and resourceful;
• Enthusiastic, action-oriented, strong sense of accountability;
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills;
• Strong strategic mindset with proven analytical and quantitative modeling skills;
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to handle multi-tasking environment, meet deadlines, and work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues;
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and accomplish a task with little supervision.
Experience & Education:
• College degree (BA/BS) required; MBA preferred;
• 3 years of business experience;
Prior experience in consulting, corporate strategy, business development, or financial analysis required (previous consulting firm experience preferred).
Market Development Manager
At Hedge Advisers,we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over thousands employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Hedge Advisers is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.Hedge Advisers.com.
More information about Hedge Advisers can be found on Hedge Advisers.com.
Duties & Responsibilities This position has the full responsibility of the growth in Hedge Advisers business in China. The position will report to the Head of Go to Market Operations & Market Development, China. Market Development Manager is responsible for Marketing, Sales Strategy, Business Development, Driving Growth Opportunities and maintaining existing business, and play the sector specialist role for FI/FX offerings in China. The role will involve close cooperation with other internal groups, including sales, training, knowledge network and account teams, as well as significant time working directly with customers. Detailed activities of the role include but not limited to the following areas: • To drive and execute F&R revenue in Banks and financial institutions by working closely with sales specialists to execute on strategies targeted to clients• Understand the local market dynamics, and ensure delivery of the Finance & Risk business priorities and local go-to-market strategy• Identify, develop and launch growth opportunities• Lead large customer negotiations.• Connect regularly with stakeholders from other parts of the business to convey local needs and execute global business plans• To build strong relationships with financial banking regulators, companies, etc.• To develop and implement go-to-market strategy and work together with Marketing, Community, & Partnership teams to grow business• To bring client feedback into product and content development to continue to enhance Hedge Advisers offerings, especially for domestic China related offerings• Serve as the key internal sector contact points between China team and Asia or Global Market Development team.
Prefer to have existing Banks,financial institutions network and resources• Deep understanding of the trends and themes impacting the financial services industry with particular reference to cross asset trading• Understanding of the financial tools used by these finance professionals.• Experience of operating in a matrix organisation, including stakeholder engagement and influencing management• Product and workflow expertise (e.g. knowledge of financial model, excel, MS Office)• Strong customer relationship building and service skills• Other: Presentation skills (verbal & written); Strong interpersonal skills; ability to organize and execute a sales plan• Proficient English, Mandarin Educational Requirements• Graduate calibre Technical and/or Functional skills• Robust Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.Other skills and abilities• Results driven• Strong networking and relationship building capabilities• Focusing on Customers• Strong ability to learn product offering and market• Collaborating across boundaries